Monday 11 April 2011

a dime

The world turns around me in slow motion. I try to hold the thought of you, but it sleeps through my fingers. I end up staring at my empty hands. Are you real, or are you another grotesque joke of my destiny? Illusions made my heart tired and consumed my soul.
Now I live with a soul made of ashes and a heart crawling like a snail in my chest. That must be the reason why sometimes I am so sick of living.
Your silence kills me. I’d like to be there lying at your feet, waiting for a gesture, a smile or a stern look, but being there, with you, getting a tangible proof of your existence.
You are nothing but words and pieces of a puzzle I can’t complete. You are fuzzy feelings and a hand full of heartbeats.
Tell me that you exist for me somehow, somewhere or let me become insane.
Maybe there’s a place where madness is painless and you can rest in it without worries.
I am keen to oblivion.
There have been days in which I thought I could bear the pain if that meant being alive.
There have been days in which I could burn without crying out my fear.
I am not so brave anymore. I have been left in the cold for so long that my heart went out and I don’t even have a match to burn all the rest.
Outside my window some shiny lights and the city, which is nothing more than a passive whore laughing at my sorrow, trying to excite me with a cheap show.
I would like to be free to sleep under a starry sky, alone with the cold and my anger.
Can I mention Love?
Only to tell that it’s not fitting in the picture.
A loveless dog who can’t feel anything else than self pity, that’s what I’ve been called.
The truth is another one though. I am a loveless dog who can’t stop the feeling biting in his flesh like a gin trap.
They ask me to smile but when I do they think it doesn’t suit me.
Being happy is an option I still didn’t pay for. I’ll be there with the next invoice.
The world keeps turning around in slow motion, while I slowly fall asleep to meet my monsters for the next cards game.
Tell me… Are you real, or are you another grotesque joke of my destiny?

No comments:

Post a Comment