Friday 15 July 2011

Words

Words
So easy to say
So easy to forget
I am made of words and
Your words cover me like
A blanket
Stab me
Like a golden knife
Kill me like a silent
Poison.
Words
Nothing else between us
Lies and truths
Love and hate
Nothing I can close my
Hands on
And when I open them again
You are not there anymore.
I am a fool believing
In words coming from ghosts
Maybe in my head
Words are like butterflies
Colored and happy
But reality makes them
Taste bitter
Like my own conscience
Bitter
Like my own heart
Empty
I am going to pass the days that will follow
Looking for your lips in the tea leaves at the
Bottom of my cup
Saying your name aloud
Making love to your image in my dreams.
Forgetting is impossible
But turning the watch back and pretend it's all right
It's something I can still try.
Maybe he'll come back and be like before
A cold steamy hand passing through my hair
While I sleep.

=======================================================================
NOTE OF THE AUTHOR: I'll be gone for a while, to wash away the taste of your kisses in salt water. Until I find you again.

No comments:

Post a Comment