Sunday 3 July 2011

burning

Cold fingers touching lightly the line of my jaw, down to my neck.
I try to open my eyes but I am too tired.
"what are you doing?"
"keep on sleeping. I didn't want to wake you up..."
I pull you down on my chest.
"How can I keep on sleeping when your scent fills my nostrils and I feel the touch of your skin?"
Your hand is searching me under the cover.

"Do you remember when we first met? That feeling of having known each other since always?"

your hands follow the shape of my body, your breath is deep, calm.

"I still feel that, whatever you say or do to me it's like your movements and words would be written in me. I don't see you. I don't see our differences. I just feel you"

You gently press your lips on my shoulder.
I take your hand and kiss your fingers, biting them gently and letting my tongue glide between them.

"Don't make me think about how impossible my feelings are. Make me forget who I am"

the air smells of salt and resin. I hear the sound of the waves crashing on the rocks.


I know this place, I used to come here a long time ago; it's full of memories and pain.

I look at you, you seem to be far from me in your thoughts.
"Don't leave me" I say
"Why do you worry? I am here"
"I worry because I am not used to beauty in my life and when you talk to me your words crash into my world and make me think that maybe...maybe I am allowed this dream, but when I can't be with you it all seems so distant and cold. I am not so strong.."
I hold you tightly and try to lose connection with the reality, only you, your words whispered on my skin make me shiver.
I only hear the sound of the waves and our voices saying silently the truth we can't shout.

I would like to be able to keep you here, to make a prisoner of you and never allow you to leave my side, but you are made of sea foam and when the dream turns into dawn you vanish leaving only the fire on every part of me you touched.

I am too tired and unfocused to show you all the wonders you make for me when the dark comes and I lay myself down to sleep.
There is a very thin edge between reality and illusion and I am trapped in the space that is in between, calling your name, pretending my hands would be yours, waking up in sweat, my breath running my lips wet.

There is much more in those night than you'll ever know.

=======================================================================
Note of the Author: Believe to my words and never trust illusions. You are much more than reality to me, you are there beyond the edge where time and space do not count. Don't go away from me, allow me this dream, since it's all I care for.

No comments:

Post a Comment